Our work – Making the complex simple. Many companies are re-engineering the way they do business, how they do business and trying to understand what works and what no longer works within their business processes. You will read about some of the engagements we have worked on which we hope will peak your interest on how we can help you achieve similar results.
Client: Large BioPharma company
Quality Assurance project implementing quality manuals globally
Multi-national pharmaceutical company purchased smaller company and began a Quality Integration Project to implement their Quality Manual and associated Global process improvements in all of the major sites by a specified date. Reclipse group was asked to help manage the project at one of the sites and work with the global teams to implement close to 70 quality modules and cross-functional process improvements.
Reclipse Group worked with the Quality group to design and manage the process in order to meet the assigned due date. Worked globally to help maintain consistency across the sites and set up a tracking mechanism for all the modules which included corrective actions, gap assessments and management approvals.
- Successfully implemented the modules globally.
- Workflow improvements were made to the corporate document management system.
- Remediation plan for longer term corrective actions put in place for the period following the implementation.
- Project plan completed and all documentation organized and stored for reference.
Client: Mid-market Pharma company
Better visibility into qualified third party vendors and suppliers
A mid-market pharma company’s QA department had a problem keeping track of their third party vendors, suppliers and contractors. There was no one place where the information resided. The disparities became apparent at audit time when information was needed quickly. They were in need of having a consolidated supplier management repository.
Reclipse group reviewed the different areas in which the information resided and determined a consolidated database that would house the supplier management information and associated documents was needed.
- Database has information consolidated from various departments for Third Party, Suppliers and Contractors
- The Supplier management database has become the defacto point of record when information is need
- Easy access to the most current information
- Metrics are easily identified
Client: Mid-market on-line retail company
Re-launch an existing product with new processes and new supplier and implement a new sole-sourced transportation supplier.
A leading on-line personal publishing and digital photo company wanted to re-launch an existing product with a new twist, with new processes, and with a new supplier. There was a very short timeline to make the re-launch effective and capture market-share and no existing processes or technology to support the re-launch successfully. The CEO asked Reclipse to manage the re-launch, including documenting all processes, bringing up a new supplier, designing new technology, and hiring a team of people to support the process. In addition, Reclipse Group managed the implementation of a new transportation provider, which supported the unique delivery requirements of this company.
Reclipse Group did extensive process mapping, process re-engineering, and developed new technology in association with the new supplier to re-launch the existing product, which: facilitated customer orders; reduced order entry and management cycle time; communicated orders more effectively to the supplier; integrated supplier and company so that the end-customer had regular product updates; and reduced overall costs. Reclipse Group also implemented a new transportation provider within a 30-day timeline, which included developing new communications between the transportation provider and the company; new customer service capability to quickly problem solve during the peak production times; reduced delivery times; and insuring reduced transportation costs.
- Re-launched product on time and on budget.
- Reduced order cycle time by 50%
- Increased order quality by 20%
- Decreased days outstanding by 25%
- Expanded market-share by 5%
- Increased executive visibility of product financials
- Reduced customer delivery time by 10%
- Reduced freight costs by 20%
Client: Mid-Market retail company
Implementing a cargo tracking system to improve vendor compliance and inventory control.
An import retail company was implementing a new Cargo Tracking System and the project was behind schedule. The company was paying fees for a system that was yet to be configured and tested. The internal IT system did not easily integrate with the new tracking system and there was no project manager to run the project and the project was over budget.
- Utilize Reclipse group expertise to create a project management and implementation strategy that would help to identify the project tasks which were behind schedule or not yet started. Worked with IT and the business unit to jump start the project.
- The new cargo tracking system gave a more extensive level of shipment visibility enabling improvements with vendor compliance and inventory control.
- Improvements were made in the cargo tracking system’s infrastructure, data assumptions, and processes resulting in more usable reporting and analysis capabilities.
- Internal systems were changed to better reflect their actual business processes and improve user productivity.